Health & Fitness

Creating Healthy Habits: My Morning Routine

Healthy-Habit-Morning-Routine

Whether you are a morning person or not, establishing a healthy morning routine can set a positive tone for the rest of the day. It will also allow you to create habits which will last your lifetime.

Many people are constantly looking for new motivation to live a healthy active lifestyle. Motivation seems amazing in the moment, but then nowhere to be found the next. It is then when you need to have healthy positive habits that are part of who you are, ingrained within you as an integral component of your life. That way even if your low on motivation, your habits will remain the same. Therefore, you’ll lose this yo-yo- diet mind set and stay on track to your goals forever. After all, fitness is a lifestyle not a fad diet.

Here are my healthy daily habits which start my day the right way:

Planning

I like to keep a journal for myself which notes down my goals for the day, my to-do list and how I’m feeling. By doing this, I know what I need to get done and I feel organised for the day ahead. This also gives me a chance to reflect at the end of the day, and establish what I can improve tomorrow. Whether it be PBs in the gym, life goals or just household jobs – I find setting goals and making lists really helps with productivity.

Hydrate

When you wake up, your body is dehydrated as it hasn’t had any fluids for 6-8 hours. Therefore, ensuring you are drinking water first thing is very important for our bodies. Water is essential for our bodily functions as well as being crucial for muscle growth and repair. Aim to have a glass before your morning coffee, or you could jazz it up by adding lemon or a fruit infuser!

Exercise

I always work out first thing in a morning, if I’m not at the gym I will go for a walk with my dog to start my day. I find this helps me clear my head, have some time to myself, and means I can get on with the rest of the day. If you have a busy work life, getting a workout in early is so much easier. We all get it, that dreading feeling knowing you’ve still got to go to the gym after a busy day. Or worse still- the guilty feeling when you’ve had to work late or are too tired to go after work. So why not just go get it done before work then you can relax and enjoy your evening?

Food is Fuel

Ensuring you have a good breakfast is essential, especially if you’ve just worked out! Your breakfast will provide you your fuel to kick start your day as well as your body, so it is important this isn’t skipped! I almost always opt for a warm bowl of protein oats with a banana, and mixed fruit topped with cinnamon! That way I know my body is well fuelled with protein and carbohydrates to restore and repair my muscles. It also gives me energy to start the day as well as being super delicious!

Yoga & Meditation

If lifting weights isn’t for you, I also love spending 20 minutes of my morning doing some yoga followed by 10 minutes meditation. If you haven’t tried this before, please don’t be afraid of it! Just give yourself 10 minutes sat chilling out, not looking at your phone or on the internet – it’s worth it. Allow yourself some time to clear your head, breathe and chill out so you are ready to start the day.

Go on you can do it!

Even if it means having your alarm set 2 hours earlier, trust me it’s worth it. Implementing these tips into your routine will create healthy habits you just won’t be able to snap out of! Anyone can be motivated for a short period of time, but only someone with solidified habits can succeed for years on end.

“Successful people do what they need to do whether they feel liked it or not.”

Click here to find out more of my healthy fitness tips!

Creating a Healthy Habit My Morning Routine

Share:
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

29 Comments

• Reply jamiengrose

I agree with all these! Healthy is a lifestyle and that is a good mantra to remember.

September 10, 2017 at 12:53 pm
    • Reply Danielle Louise

Thank you for reading, glad you agree! We need to stray away from ‘diet’ mind sets and instead focus on healthy being a lifestyle instead of a restriction!

September 10, 2017 at 12:55 pm
  • Reply aswetravl

Love this! Totally agree with the morning workouts, make you feel so much better for the whole day!
    Chrissie

September 10, 2017 at 1:08 pm
    • Reply Danielle Louise

Thank you, YES give me all the endorphins! Have a good sunday!

September 10, 2017 at 1:18 pm
  • Reply Seppy

I’ve been slowing changing my morning routine and it’s been great! Water is a MUST. And then deep breathing and some body stretches help me centre myself for the day.

I don’t want to wake up too early to go to the gym but I usually enjoy working out first thing in the morning it really helps set the day on the right foot!

September 10, 2017 at 9:42 pm
  • Reply Shelly

You are so right about the planning! If you don’t plan something, it’s not likely to happen!

September 10, 2017 at 11:55 pm
    • Reply Danielle Louise

Exactly, I find if it’s not written downs it’s forgotten about!

September 11, 2017 at 4:32 pm
  • Reply Adilene

Very helpful tips!! Thank you!!

September 11, 2017 at 4:13 pm
  • Reply Dagmara

Yes! I love that you mentioned yoga and meditation, they are such a beautiful way to bring peace to your day, making you aware of your breath and being more in the now. Thank you for sharing!

September 11, 2017 at 5:09 pm
    • Reply Danielle Louise

Completely agree, thank you for reading! Hope it helped!

September 11, 2017 at 8:28 pm
  • Reply Leela

I do most of these except yoga.. I just can’t get into it!

September 11, 2017 at 6:00 pm
    • Reply Danielle Louise

I find just taking time out to stretch, breathe and relax really helps me focus and reduces any stress or worries! Thanks for reading!

September 11, 2017 at 8:29 pm
  • Reply Dianna

Super helpful! Morning yoga is amazing! I’ve also been trying to work on doing it in the evening as well, such a great way to start & finish the day.

September 12, 2017 at 2:42 am
    • Reply Danielle Louise

Yes, completely agree! I love winding down for bed with some books and yoga! Thanks for reading.

September 12, 2017 at 5:01 am
  • Reply Samantha Dube

These are great routines, I tried working out in the morning today and it was a bit hard, but will try again.

September 12, 2017 at 8:29 am
    • Reply Danielle Louise

Well done, keep going and it will get easier each day! Hopefully you’ll now feel better and more uplifted and positive for the rest of the day! Have a great day!

September 12, 2017 at 9:38 am
  • Reply Monika

100% agree with everything said. I don’t do the to-do lists every day, but I have to admit those that I do are way more focused and organized! The rest is a must on daily basis for me 🙂

September 12, 2017 at 6:52 pm
    • Reply Danielle Louise

Thank you, yes if I don’t get chance to make a list I like to do a reflective little journal page of how my day was right before bed. That was I can focus on what went well and what I can improve tomorrow.

September 13, 2017 at 5:42 am
  • Reply kateboisvert.com

these are fantastic tips. The hardest part about my day is getting up. I want to start getting up earlier… like I want to get up at lease two hours before my 9-5 and be more productive… any tips?

September 12, 2017 at 8:04 pm
    • Reply Danielle Louise

I’d say try and drag yourself our of bed for a few weeks and then when you’ve done it you’ll realise how much better you’ll feel for doing so because you can be so much more productive. Therefore, you’ll then want to get up that bit earlier so you can get everything done and start your day right. Also means you get to go to bed earlier!

September 13, 2017 at 5:41 am
  • Reply Stella Nadene

SOO agree! Only thing is I can’t do yoga first thing because either the dog or kids will interrupt. I like being in the ‘zone’ when I’m doing yoga, so I save it for when all 3 are in school! 🙂 Morning routine, though–has saved my life! lol!

September 13, 2017 at 3:25 pm
    • Reply Danielle Louise

Yes I agree! Having a dog climbing all over you isn’t exactly ‘zen’! Cute though! Hope it’s helped, thanks for reading.

September 13, 2017 at 5:13 pm
  • Reply Nooraina Sayed

Great article here! I’ve just nominated you for the Liebster Blogger Award! Check out this post http://www.prettyandreal.com/liebster-blogger-award/ to know the details on the same! Congrats!

September 13, 2017 at 6:41 pm
    • Reply Danielle Louise

Thank you so so much! Will check this out now and post up my award blog as soon as possible. Thanks again, really appreciate it. Love your blog too!

September 14, 2017 at 9:02 am
  • Reply Kendel | Little Misadventures

I am so, so guilty of not drinking enough water! I always choose coffee in place of everything – definitely doesn’t help things. I am trying to make it a priority though. I’ve told myself that I have to drink a whole bottle of water before I can have another cup of coffee. I’m also prioritising walking with my son, and I am having so much fun!

September 15, 2017 at 1:10 am
    • Reply Danielle Louise

It is so important, that’s a great idea to try and drink more! I usually carry at 2 litre bottle around with me and just sip it through the day! Glad your enjoying it, have a great day!

September 15, 2017 at 4:46 am
  • Reply June

That’s awesome, your morning routine is so similar to mine. Great minds think alike 😉

September 26, 2017 at 8:37 pm
    • Reply danielle.wilson5@btinternet.com

Thanks for reading, glad you too have established healthy habits!

September 26, 2017 at 8:42 pm