Turkey mince is a great alternative to use when you fancy a burger while staying on track with your goals. Not only does it have so much less fat, they are so quick and easy to make and just as if not even more delicious!
I enjoy serving these burgers with oven dry cooked chips which contain NO fat. Making it a classic pairing with extra nutrition and carbohydrates. I also serve with a green salad and some sugar free ketchup, to create the classic tasty dish the whole family will love but with half the calories and nasty ingredients.
Here is the recipe I use to create 3 turkey burgers and chips:
Ingredients (Serves 3):
- 300g 2% Fat Turkey Mince (Allow 100g per burger/person)
- 3 Schar Brown Ciabatta Rolls
- The Gym Chef – Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Onion Granules
- Coconut Oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Salad Leaves
- Heniz Reduced Sugar & Salt Ketchup
- 600g Sweet Potato and 600g White Potato (if serving with chips)
- Divide the turkey mince into equal portions of 100g.
- Combine each turkey mince portion with 5g of Garlic and Herb Seasoning, ¼ teaspoon onion granules, a pinch of pink Himalayan Salt and Pepper. Ensure the ingredients are combined well using your hands, then shape into flat burger patties.
- Pre-heat a pan to a medium to high heat and lightly oil with coconut oil to avoid sticking, you could also use a coconut oil or low-calorie oil spray.
- Place the burgers into the hot pan, and cook for 5mins each side until cooked through and golden.
- Warm the Ciabatta Rolls in the oven as suggested, then slice the buns in half and top one half with salad and sugar free ketchup and the other with the turkey burger Pattie.
- If serving with chips, pre- heat the oven to 200 degrees and chop the potatoes in to wedges then place on a chip crisper tray. Leave in the oven for 15mins then give them a turn and add some Garlic and Herb Seasoning and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden- simple!
Per Burger with Bun:
- Calories: 326
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 40g
Per Burger without Bun:
- Carbohydrate: 3g
Per Burger with Bun and Chips: